Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Lag

I am really feeling the jet lag now, which is a good thing. I'd rather feel crappy now, early in the trip, than later when things are busier and everyone else is "on schedule". I couldn't stay awake during the car ride back to the hotel (from our last location survey of the day) and went right to bed when we got back home around 5 pm. I was smart enough to set my alarm for 7 pm. If I hadn't, I'm sure that I would have slept until midnight or 1 am and then be completely awake during the middle of the night.

On second thought, it's not that I am smart to set my alarm. Rather, I am dumb / unlucky enough to have completely messed-up my schedule on past trips overseas. Being completely awake at 3 am for a few days in a row can be torture.

My body/brain thinks it's the middle of the night and really does NOT want to be awake, but sitting in the drafty AC is waking me up. If I can just stay away until 10 pm, I should be able to get back to sleep and stay in bed all night.

Time to grab a shower, a bite and a beer.

No comments: